Brief Curriculum Vitae
Department of Physics
Cambridge, MA 02138
Phone: (617) 495 - 3923
Fax: (617) 496-2545
Email : email@example.com
Web : http://sachdev.physics.harvard.edu
Citizen of USA and India
A profile and an interview in the Harvard Gazette.
- Professor of Physics at Harvard University, July 1, 2005 onwards.
- Professor of Physics and Applied Physics at Yale
University, July 1, 1995 to June 30, 2005.
- Associate Professor (tenured) of Physics and Applied Physics at Yale
University, July 1, 1992 to June 30, 1995.
- Associate Professor (term) of Physics and Applied Physics at Yale
University, July 1, 1989 to June 30, 1992.
- Assistant Professor of Physics and Applied Physics at Yale
University, July 1, 1987 to June 30, 1989.
- Postdoctoral Member of Technical Staff at AT&T Bell
Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ from September 1, 1985 to August 31,
Education and Degrees
- High school (upto 10th grade) at St. Joseph's Boys High School, Bangalore, India.
- 11th grade at Kendriya Vidyalaya, ASC Center, Bangalore, India.
- Freshman year at the Indian Institute
of Technology, Delhi, 1978-79.
- S. B. (Bachelor of Science) in Physics from the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, February 1982.
- A. M. (Master of Arts) in Physics from Harvard
University, June 1984.
- Ph. D. in Theoretical Physics from Harvard
University, November 1985. Thesis title: Frustration and Order in Rapidly
- M. A. (honorary) from Yale University, 1995.
Significant Research Accomplishments
Named and plenary lectures
- Bethe Colloquium, Bethe Center for Theoretical Physics, University of Bonn, January 14, 2013.
- Lorentz Chair, Instituut-Lorentz, May 7, 14, 21, June 4, 2012.
- Arnold Sommerfeld Lectures, University of Munich, January 31 - February 3, 2012.
- HRI-Girdharilal Mehta Lecture, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad, January 13, 2012.
- Rapporteur at the 25th Solvay Conference on Physics - The Theory of the Quantum World, Brussels, October 19-22, 2011.
- Plenary talk at the International Conference on
Strong Correlated Electron Systems,
August 30, 2011.
- Marc Kac Memorial Lectures, Los Alamos National Laboratory, May 3-5, 2011.
- Moshe Flato Lectures, Ben Gurion University, March 10, 2011.
- Subramanyan Chandrasekhar Lectures, International Center for Theoretical Sciences,
Bangalore, Dec 6-8, 2010
- Plenary talk at the 24th International Conference on Statistical Physics, Cairns, Australia, July 2010.
- Niels Bohr Lecture, Niels Bohr Institute, May 5, 2010
- Colloquium Pierre et Marie Curie, University of Paris, May 3, 2010
- De Sitter Lecture Series in Theoretical Physics 2009, University of Groningen, November 2009
- Solvay colloquium, International Solvay Institutes, Brussels, October 2009
- Rapporteur at the 24th Solvay Conference on Physics, Quantum Theory of Condensed Matter, Brussels, Oct 11-13, 2008.
- Plenary talk at the 25th International Conference on Low
Temperature Physics, Amsterdam, August 2008
- Distinguished Lecture Series, Technion, Israel, March 2007.
- Plenary talk at the International Conference on Strongly Correlated Electronic Systems,
Karlsruhe, Germany, July 2004
- F. A. Matsen Endowed Regents Lecture on the Structure of Matter at the University of Texas at Austin, October 2002.
- "Colloquium Ehrenfestii", at the Lorentz
Institute in Leiden, Holland, May 1998.
- Plenary talk at the 19th International Conference on Statistical Physics, Xiamen, August 1995.
Ph.D. Students and Postdocs
- Visiting professor at Harvard University,
- Visiting professor at the University
of Fribourg, Switzerland, June 2000.
- Visiting professor at the Institut
Henri Poincare, Paris, July 1999.
- Visiting professor at Université
Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France, Nov-Dec, 1997.
- Visiting professor at Université
de Paris VII, May-July 1993.
- Visiting Scientist at AT&T Bell
Laboratories, 1987, 1988, 1989.
- Visiting Scientist at IBM
Thomas J. Watson Research Center, August 1988.